It’s one of my little dreams to bake cookies (chocolate chip cookies, specifically). Few years ago, I praised Pillsbury for making the One-Step Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. You just have to add water and tadaaaaah, you already have a cookie dough mix! It wasn’t really challenging… So I searched for recipes over the Internet. I got ones which require too many ingredients or procedures… made me thought it was really complicated to bake then. Until I came across this website…
Finally! A dream about to come true! My eyes literally went like this: ❤_❤ I immediately captured the ingredients using my iPod and stormed out of the house to get them from the nearby supermarket ^^
What you need:
- 1 stick (½ cup) softened butter (salted, unsalted, vegan butter, margarine, shortening, lard — I used DariCreme Classic Margarine.)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated, light brown, dark brown — I used dark brown sugar of a local store brand.)
- 1 egg (preferably large)
- 1 1/8 cup flour (all-purpose, self-raising, bread — I used Queen all-purpose flour.)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any kind you prefer — Hershey’s is a bit expensive and it’s just my first time so for the meantime, I got Dutché.)
I already lost the receipt, but as I remembered, I only spent less than 200Php for all of these 🙂
How to make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (or oven toaster).
- Mix the butter and sugar together until completely combined.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour, then the chocolate chips until combined.
- Bake the cookie dough until just lightly browned on the edges and middle still looks undercooked. The website says bake it around 7-9 minutes but it’s better if you watch over it… My first batch was overcooked on the outside because I followed the instructions. haha. Luckily, the inside was still soft and chewy ü
With this recipe, I was able to make 30 pcs of medium-sized Chocolate Chip Cookies 🙂 I used oven toaster because I don’t know how to operate our gas oven yet, that’s why it took me 5 batches, but if you have an oven, life would be much easier 🙂 Even kids can do this!
- Use measuring cups. Estimates might not work.
- White sugar is going to give your crispier cookies, brown sugar is going to give you chewier cookies.
- Get a good mixing bowl, spatula and whisk if you are handmixing. I’ve read from some article that it’s better to use wooden spoon.
- Place a wax paper on the oven toaster tray so the cookies won’t stick to it. (I forgot to buy one yesterday so I had to use a knife/spoon to take out the cookies from the pan.)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips can make better chocolate chip cookies
- Don’t do simultaneous activities (Facebook, Twitter, etc. ) while baking (unless you’re just beside the oven); your cookies might be overcooked.
My cravings for Soft Batch cookies triggered me to bake. Yes, sometimes, you just need a reason to do something… 😀
Yey! I was finally able to cross one item off my bucket list! ❤ Will try to bake again next time using oven and Hershey’s Semi-sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies 🙂
Hope you enjoy this easy recipe! Let me know how your baking goes. Great if you can share more tips on baking (I’m a newbie here) ü
So I had a #selfie with my cookies, hihi 😀
Thank you! Have a great weekend! God bless ^^